Who says V-day is for couples? Defy Cupid by indulging in these seven solo pursuits, inspired by e-mails from other single Cosmo girls!
1. Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you’re alone! Round up some unattached chicks and hit the bars, a restaurant, the local karaoke joint, the bowling lanes, whatever. Revel in your ability to have an amazing time, no men needed. —Katriona, 30
2. Whether it’s George Clooney or Johnny Depp,spend the night with your ultimate celeb crush. Rent a handful of his movies and treat yourself to an eye-candy marathon. —Jillian, 22
3. Organize a Secret Admirers gifting sesh, à la Secret Santa: You and a group of friends draw names and then deliver items like chocolates, flowers, and teddy bears to each other. That way everyone can have a Valentine…—Mary, 23
4. Since you aren’t spending your dough on some dude, might as well spend it on yourself. Give yourself some credit for how amazing you are and treat yourself to something special like a mani-pedi, a new necklace, or a blow-out at the salon. —Aubrey, 27
5. Ask a guy friend out for a platonic date and split a meal at a tasty restaurant. Make a game out of your dinner discussion by looking around the restaurant at all the couples (there will be a ton!) and guessing which ones will actually last, based on their body language. —Karen, 24
6. Be a rebel and convince your co-worker bestie to play hooky with you. Instead of sitting in meetings or watching other chicks get flowers delivered to their cubes, you and your pal can go shopping, take a day trip somewhere fun (like skiing!), or catch a new chick flick, sans the crowded theater. —Julie, 25
7. Party at your place! Invite friends over for wine, appetizers, gossiping, and good times. To mix it up, make it a theme party, like suggesting that everyone wear all pink (or black, if you caught the “Singles Awareness Day” bug) and create an iPod playlist with songs like “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” and “Holding Out for a Hero.” —Lauren, 21
strawberryshit asked: Thank you very much for the advice. I felt guilty for falling in love with two people, I thought it was a bad thing. I dont feel stressed thanks to you now :) I really appreciate your help.
Anonymous asked: Im still talking with my ex boyfriend, Andrew. We're very good friends. He came for vacation here, where i live. We fell in love, we were so crazy for each other, but then he had to go back to america. After a few months we broke up. We were just talking on the internet thats why, and my feelings werent the same for him. He still loved me though.
Before I met Andrew, I already loved another guy. I have met that guy on facebook, i really love him. But when I met andrew, my ex, i really wanted to be in a relationship with him. So, when we broke up, I told him that i was already in love with someone else. I didnt use Andrew, I just think I was in love with two people at the same time, and i didnt know what was the right thing to do and I would like to know what would be the right thing. What should I have done?
You were confused and still is. Which is nothing to feel guilty, you can’t help are plan on when you will fall in love and with who. You meet someone you have good connection with and it feels wonderful, you can’t help but fall for them. In alot of ways you love alot of things about both of them, which is always good to make list of these things and compare and contrast. What should do now with Andrew since he still loves you is let him know your aren’t ready for relationship, are will be anytime soon, especially since he’s living in another country and your confused. You don’t want to rush into things, again and end up hurting both him and yourself. Next time take things slowly and just enjoy both their company, and have yourself a good time, for the more you rush into things , the more it will get too complicated and too serious very much too quickly, which will cause you to get confused again and run away.
Anonymous asked: It seems that all my friends are desperate for boyfriends yet keep getting their heart broken. What should I tell them other than "be yourself" or "if he treats you like that then he doesn't deserve you"?
A guy can all sense when your desperate for a relationship, its show on you. What your friends needs to do is take a break for the dating world and take some time alone and think on what they’re looking for in a relationship. Think about what they wants,and what will make them happy, for being single and having some time alone for yourself, is not a bad thing, it’s just shows your happy with who you are and you don’t need guy to do that for you, when guys see girls like that, they want to be apart of her world.